Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions
These apply to any person on site at Colony.
- Colony staffed hours are 9-5.30 – only members are authorised to be on site outside of these hours
- During your tour, you will have been shown where the fire exits are located, if unsure please ask a member of staff to clarify. It is your responsibility to not obstruct these entrances and exits.
- Colony collaboration areas are accessible for all members and guests. Guests are not permitted to sit in a workstation position unless a day pass has been purchased.
- All guests and day pass users must sign in at the Colony reception
- Anyone who behaves in a manner that puts the health and safety of members or staff at risk or makes anyone feel uncomfortable will be asked to leave.
- Equipment and liability insurance is your own responsibility so please take care of your belongings
- Considerable thought has been put into the look, feel and aesthetic of the Colony Workspace. We ask everyone to take steps to remove and dispose of litter from your work area and to utilise the bins and dishwashers provided.
- We all love music. However, if you are listening to music or audio of any kind, please do so using headphones/earphones at a level which is unnoticeable to other co-workers.
- Please use the private booths for telephone conversations which may cause overt disturbance to others and refrain from walking around the space on the phone where possible
- Although a dog friendly space, dogs must be kept near owner on a lead and are not permitted to roam free or sit on the furniture. If in a carpeted area, dogs must be on their own dog bed.
- You will be provided access to a Colony WiFi network via a password. Please do not share the password with anyone.
- Booths and collaboration spaces are free to use on a fair usage policy, Please take note of the time limit stated in each area.
Membership Terms & Conditions
These are stated in your Membership Licence which you should have a signed copy of on your emails. Should you need a new copy please email email@example.com
Meeting Room Terms & Conditions
Please be advised cancellations and changes must be confirmed in writing. The relevant notice period becomes effective on receipt of that written confirmation. Costs for cancellations are calculated as shown below including room hire and catering (as applicable).
This policy is to ensure all meeting rooms are open to all tenants to reserve and to prevent unnecessary over-booking.
Please be advised rescheduling of reservations are permitted within 3 working days of original request; otherwise the below charges do apply.
Meeting room cancellation charges are as follows:
- Notice period before first day of hire: 14 days +
- Cancellation Cost as % of value of total booking: 0%
- Notice period before first day of hire: 7-14 days
- Cancellation Cost as % of value of total booking: 25%
- Notice period before first day of hire: Less than 7 days
- Cancellation Cost as % of value of total booking: 50%
- Notice period before first day of hire: Same Day
- Cancellation Cost as % of value of total booking: 100% (inc. Catering)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Use of rooms The hirer shall not permit more than the maximum number of people specified to be in any meeting room at any time. Should there be an increase/decrease in the booked number of delegates, scheduled visitors or guests on the day(s) of hire, the hirer shall be fully liable for any extra charge(s) incurred by Colony and risk being unable to proceed with the booking with no refund.
Noise The hirer, their staff, agents or visitors must not make or permit to be made any noise which may interfere with the use of other rooms within the building by other hirers, members of Colony or adjoining neighbours.
Cleanliness and Breakages The hirer must leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition. The hirer must indemnify the owners against any loss, thefts or damage however caused, during or in respect of the period of hire.
Catering Self Catering is allowed on the premises. Colony cannot accept responsibility for the content or quality of items that are not directly sourced from Colony. When catering is ordered through ourselves Colony will endeavour to meet our hirer's dietary requirements. Should a guest attending have a food allergy, it is the hirer's responsibility to inform Colony 48 hours in advance of the event to allow our caterer for that individual. In the case of very severe allergies Colony asks that the guest brings their own food into our venues for their consumption.
Third Parties Applications or bookings on behalf of a third party must be declared at the time of the application or booking. Third parties, such as booking agents, can only be paid commission by prior agreement in writing. All commissions are to be paid by us after the event/s by BACS transfer, on receipt of a valid VAT invoice. Third parties making applications or bookings are responsible for the payment to us of all hire charges, fees and indemnifications mentioned in these terms and conditions.
Applications / Requests for Hire Colony reserves the right to refuse applications or requests for hire.
Use of Premises The hirer, staff, servants, agents and visitors must only use those meeting rooms which are specified in the hire arrangement. The hirer, staff, servants, agents and visitors must vacate the building by the time specified. The hirer shall indemnify Colony from and against any loss caused by the hirer, staff, servants, agents and visitors failing to vacate the building by the time specified. Colony reserves the right to charge the hirer for the use of the premises should the hirer, staff, servants, agents or visitors fail to vacate the building by the time specified.
Equipment Equipment provided by external suppliers or the meeting organiser is not the responsibility of Colony. Equipment provided by Colony shall be at the risk of the hirer during or in respect of the period of hire. Colony does not however accept any liability for any failure to provide equipment or perform services where that failure is beyond the reasonable control of Colony. Colony does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which arises directly or indirectly out of the use of the equipment or the performance, unless such loss arises from the negligence of the Colony staff. The hirer agrees to indemnify Colony against any claim for any such loss or damage.
Indemnification The hirer shall indemnify Colony from and against: All claims demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death or injury howsoever and whomsoever caused of or to any persons which shall occur or arise from any accident or occurrence which shall happen while such person is on or upon any part of the premises during the period of hire or in respect of any loss or damage suffered or sustained by any person in consequence of any such death or injury, all claims, demands, actions, or proceedings and any loss, damage or injury which may be brought against or suffered by the owners arising from or in consequence of the non-observance or non-performance of any of these Conditions of Hire or any act, neglect, default or omission of the hirer, his/her agents, servants or visitors, any claim under copyright law.
Filming and Photography No filming or photography in the building without prior written permission from Colony.
Payment When agreed in advance with Colony, fees must be paid within 7 days of the invoice being issued. On all other occasions the fees must be paid before the hirer uses the centre.
Refunds When making discretionary refunds Colony reserves the right to withhold monies equivalent to any fees charged by a third party in respect of the refund and original payment. Third parties include, but are not limited to, credit card companies, banks, financial institutions and online payment systems.
Public and Political Meetings The hirer, their staff, agents or visitors must not allow a public or political meeting to take place in the building without prior written permission from Colony.
Music The hirer must not make or broadcast music without the express permission of Colony. The hirer must in such cases organise directly with the Performing Rights Society or Mechanical Copyright Society or other bodies for any licence required for the use of copyright material.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights Each party confirms that no term of this Agreement is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to this Agreement.
Colony Reserves the right to cancel any booking A minimum of 14 days notice will be given in the event of cancellation by Colony. On the day of hire the owners reserve the right to terminate the letting forthwith if, in their opinion the hirer, their staff, agents or visitors are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of hire. In that event the hirer, their servants, staff, agents or visitors are required to leave the premises immediately, taking with them their possessions and equipment. In the event of hire being terminated in such a manner, the owners will not be responsible for any claims, losses, actions or damages incurred by or on behalf of the hirer, their servants, staff, agents or visitors in respect of this termination. Nor will any hire charge be waived. Any cancellations by the hirer must be made in writing - this can be via email. email: firstname.lastname@example.org